Thursday, May 27, 2010

[H]oly [B]abi [L]ah

This is shit. I wrote this down in brown ink on a piece of white paper. I wrote it down because I kept saying it in my head, and the only way to get rid of it, was to write it out. The best thing to do when you get a fairly significant thought in your head is to write it down. But writing 'fuck' isn't too nice sometimes, and muttering it under your breath is good enough. As I write this post, I'm aware that I have less then 10 hours before I leave for Malaysia for 3 days, and that I have to comment on a political cartoon, type an essay and a SIP proposal. It doesn't look good.

Every time I think of doing work, I lie down and sleep. Its a habit. And if I tell myself that I should get up and do work, I would think "I won't be able to do it, don't bother". Well people might just say I'm lazy. Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. I don't like doing something if I don't see the point of it, it doesn't make sense, or if I know I have no clue how the end product would be like if I did not refer to anyone else's work. If I know my work won't be of quality or won't be different, I'd rather just copy. But this is obviously bad. I use flawed logic.

1. There is work to be done, its MCQ or Short-answer questions
2. Other people have done it. Reliable sources available.
3. Obvious opportunity presents itself. Use their answers.
4. Use their answers.

BUT WHY?

Because:
1. You are given the choice to use your own brain, or use the products of someone else's brain. (crude phrasing)
2. Waste time doing it on your own, where the opportunity cost is using the time to sleep, watch tv or E-lepak (slack online). Technology does wonders. And so does Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V
3. Fail or Pass with flying colours. I think the latter will suffice.

Don't copy its bad. (This is a half truth)

Ok I have now relieved my tension. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment